Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Binding recommendations for Furberg solid
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 pm 

Anyone riding a solid Furberg snowboard just wondering what bindings you all recommend. I'm looking into the Union Factory or possibly Flux. My current freeride binding in NOW IPO but I don't know how this would work with Furberg. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Binding recommendations for Furberg solid
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:12 am 

Well, I don't ride a solid Furberg (just ordered a split) but I would suggest:
1. One Binding system, so that you can use Spark Burners or similar for both split and solid. Heck, you could even throw a Voile MTN Plates on with the One :D
2. I do ride Unions - 2 model years of the Force MC for the last few seasons, they are light and responsive, if that's what you want
3. Never tried Flux but would be interested and always hear great feedback for them

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:43 am 

Thanx for the input I was considering the mc but they seem super stiff I mean I know they are softer then the chargers but for a med/stiff board like Furberg I would think they might be too stiff but I'll check em out. I never rode flex either but I always hear good things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 am 

FirstLight cant puck with Sparks!

+61 (0)413 888 115
http://www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au http://www.splitfest.com.au http://www.splitfests.com http://www.mrbc.com http://www.backcountryglobal.com
Sydney - Nowra - Jindabyne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:52 am 

I actually own Karakoram bindings so for me to do that I would have to buy Sparks and then the pucks that would cost me more the most expensive regular bindings.

Is there anyway to mount Karakoram bindings on a solid board?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 am 

LPowhuntr wrote:
I actually own Karakoram bindings so for me to do that I would have to buy Sparks and then the pucks that would cost me more the most expensive regular bindings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't karakorams mount into the standard inserts? I think all you'd have to do is get another ride mode interface and you should be ready to rock.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 am 

Last season I demoed furberg solids with Now IPOs on them. It was a nice responsive ride. I ended up buying a solid, I will probably put some Rome 390's on it since I can get them for so cheap. And, you can't beat the Rome toe strap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:04 am 

chrishami wrote:
Last season I demoed furberg solids with Now IPOs on them. It was a nice responsive ride. I ended up buying a solid, I will probably put some Rome 390's on it since I can get them for so cheap. And, you can't beat the Rome toe strap.

have about 10 days on some 2014 Rome Targa's. i wear a size 7.5 or 8.0 malamute and should have gone with the medium instead of the small. seem like a durable binding so far, have heard the Targa's are a bit on the heavy side (but for a solid board...). not sure about the 390s

i rode 100 days or so last year on Salomon Cheifs, they were good but eventually the toe cap starts breaking down (last year they were designed so that as fabric starts breaking down the toe cap ladder starts ripping through it.) really seems like you can't go wrong with burton cartels

edit: salomon chiefs 2 seasons ago. forum republics last season (better than cheifs, and got them for $60)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 am 

+1 for Union Force

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:40 pm 

chrishami wrote:

Really? That's always good to hear perhaps I'll put them on the furberg see how she rides. As for the 390s I actually one the 2012-2013 boss model and love em for park use they are on the soft end in my opinion but love that ankle strap on em super comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 pm 

FlorianS wrote:
LPowhuntr wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't karakorams mount into the standard inserts? I think all you'd have to do is get another ride mode interface and you should be ready to rock.

I can be wrong or it might be possible for a different year karakoram but the 2012-2013 ride interface can't mount to regular board the hole slots don't line up they are made for a wide hole pattern like you have on split boards not a standard 4×4 pattern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm 

The Rome Targa's are sick bindings for sure I actually purchased them last season but ended up sending them back due to the ankle strap (adjustable firmness one) was not comfortable at all compared to there 390 boss model. The 390 Boss might be the most comfortable ankle strap out there in my opinion but as mentioned those bindings are for park use for me seen to soft for me the Furberg solid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 pm 

peacefrog wrote:
+1 for Union Force

I hear great things about the Force no wonder it's a really popular binding from union. If I would go the union route I would go with this years SLs (Factory) love those canted foot beds I wonder how those 2 compare otherwise. But I'm a huge fan of canted for beds so they would really have to impress me for me to pick them over the Sls