Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One Binding System
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 pm 

What is One Binding System, exactly:

A set of low-profile attachment plates that screw to your snowboard, enabling splitboard specific bindings to easily be taken on and off of any snowboard.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/134 ... ng-systems

A little love for Bozeman local "Watson". He doesn't just drink beer at the brewery and drive a rad, camoflauged mini truck - he builds snowboard stuff too.

Post subject: Re: One Binding System
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:38 am 

Pledged.

Magnetos & Blazes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 am 

I used these last year, great product, go buy! Now that we have pucks for the solid, I wonder when we get stiffer pucks for the split..?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 am 

These are awesome and I can't believe it took someone so long to come up with this. And they look very well made.

However, it is kinda perpetuating the use of pucks, which I have never been a fan of.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 pm 

Because the Karakoram system would work better for this set-up?????? I don't get it. :scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am 

UTAH wrote:
Because the Karakoram system would work better for this set-up?????? I don't get it. :scratch:

Because pucks suck and I keep hoping that we can evolve past the old Voile tech but it keeps hanging around like a bad case of the herps. Pucks on splitboard offer very little adjustment, finicky setup, and add no rigidity to the board.

Not trying to make a plug for Karakoram or anyone else, but Karakorams do pull the board together and limit flex under the foot much better than any puck based bindings, and that's my personal experience from using Karakoram, Voile and Sparks from their inception.

However, I'm definitely not ripping on this product. It looks awesome and I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I'm just offering a little constructive criticism toward splitboard tech in general.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am 

shredgnar wrote:
UTAH wrote:

Because pucks suck and I keep hoping that we can evolve past the old Voile tech but it keeps hanging around like a bad case of the herps. Pucks on splitboard offer very little adjustment, finicky setup, and add no rigidity to the board.

Not trying to make a plug for Karakoram or anyone else, but Karakorams do pull the board together and limit flex under the foot much better than any puck based bindings, and that's my personal experience from using Karakoram, Voile and Sparks from their inception.

However, I'm definitely not ripping on this product. It looks awesome and I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I'm just offering a little constructive criticism toward splitboard tech in general.

+1 good motivation on why to get rid of pucks in general. Still will be travelling with 2 boards and bindings for both split and solid. But like you said good idea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:28 pm 

I'm not saying Karokorams aren't good bindings I just don't see them working on a solid for a concept like this since there meant to pull the board halves together and not to state the obvious but that's not needed on a solid.

Never had herpies probably one of the benefits of living in Utah. Pucks are still around cause they last for a long time not to mention there's multiple affordable binding options. Rigidity, I'm not sure I seem to do fine but I haven't had experience with the Karakorams, and flex seems like that could be just as much in the board your riding. Would love to try them sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:21 pm 

For what it's worth shredgnar, I wanted to invite you out to Utah to tour with me and some of my
"granola eating" friends. Not so much to show you the gnar we ride but the culture we have here in Utah. Based on your post over the years I think it will change your perspective. I think we can agree at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what binding you ride. And I mean that with true sincerity. Reindeer your invited as well. Take care guys.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm 

UTAH wrote:
For what it's worth shredgnar, I wanted to invite you out to Utah to tour with me and some of my
"granola eating" friends. Not so much to show you the gnar we ride but the culture we have here in Utah. Based on your post over the years I think it will change your perspective. I think we can agree at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what binding you ride. And I mean that with true sincerity. Reindeer your invited as well. Take care guys.

Utah, I've ridden a bit in UT and love it, and the people. I know it doesn't matter what bindings you are on, we all wanna get out and shred. But hey, it's summer, and we can get worked up over minutia, because none of us are snow sliding. No hate, just over-analyzing and constructive criticism.

Seriously, if I can get out there this year, I'll look y'all up and hopefully we'll get out. I hear your beer is getting better out there. Snowboarding is fun, and splitboarding is fun. I don't think that I dislike anyone on this forum, but hey, discussion is good right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:12 pm 

Would love come to UT, only ridden in CA and WA. The problem is that in Sweden the snow is heavy and also there is crust passages so the pucks can feel a little weak. That said have only used voile not these so cannot compare. Will keep an eye out for a trip to Utah soon!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 pm 

^^^^Reindeer, I didn't realize you were in Sweeden, that may make it hard. But hopefully Shredgnar if you can't make it out here maybe my wife will let me make it out there for the Silverton Splitfest. I've been such an introvert in years past and had so much fun last year getting out with some new guys. It seems like Colorado and Utah guys can relate a little more with our finicky snow packs. Hopefully things set-up good this year and we can make it happen. Take care.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm 

UTAH wrote:
^^^^Reindeer, I didn't realize you were in Sweeden, that may make it hard. But hopefully Shredgnar if you can't make it out here maybe my wife will let me make it out there for the Silverton Splitfest. I've been such an introvert in years past and had so much fun last year getting out with some new guys. It seems like Colorado and Utah guys can relate a little more with our finicky snow packs. Hopefully things set-up good this year and we can make it happen. Take care.

Nic, good plan!

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/