Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013/14 Phantom Bindings PreOrder
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 am 

Quick update...

Thank you everyone who put in an order and sent in payment. It took a little longer to finish some final details and still waiting on some parts that will not be here until end of the month despite ordering them back in March. Right now, it looks like bindings should start shipping out first week of November. I'm a customer too so working hard to get them out ASAP for all of us.

For those who want a pair but missed the preorder, I'm building a few extra sets of bindings and picking colors that I think most people would like. Send me an email ( phantomsbb (AT) gmail.com) and I'll let you know what I got. Pretty limited, but trying to look more like a regular business.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm 

Thanks for the update John!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:02 pm 

Is it possible to use these bindings on a solid board for resort riding? If not what is the best option for HB'ing on a solid?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 pm 

Earnyourturn wrote:
Is it possible to use these bindings on a solid board for resort riding? If not what is the best option for HB'ing on a solid?

That is a big question that depends on what you mean by "HB'ing on a solid."

If you are freeriding at lower angles on a normal width snowboard using lightweight AT boots, then yes, they would be perfectly fine for that. It would be just like riding them in the BC on a splitboard. John has an base plate that will fit a solid board hole pattern.

If you want to carve groomers on narrow alpine boards at higher angles using true snowboard hardboots that are much more stout than the lightweight AT boots we are splitting in (such as Deeluxe, Head, UPZ....), then no, I would not do that. The Phantoms are only designed to go to about 30 degrees.

I really like F2 Race Titaniums for carving on groomers in true snowboard hardboots on an alpine board. Bola at All Board Sports in Boulder can set you up. If you are are 200 pounds plus and run high angles (over 55 degrees), I would also consider Bomber TD3s.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm 

Phantom Bindings wrote:
Quick update...

Thank you everyone who put in an order and sent in payment. It took a little longer to finish some final details and still waiting on some parts that will not be here until end of the month despite ordering them back in March. Right now, it looks like bindings should start shipping out first week of November. I'm a customer too so working hard to get them out ASAP for all of us.

For those who want a pair but missed the preorder, I'm building a few extra sets of bindings and picking colors that I think most people would like. Send me an email ( phantomsbb (AT) gmail.com) and I'll let you know what I got. Pretty limited, but trying to look more like a regular business.

Hey John any updates on shipping date? Not in any hurry to start touring, but in a hurry to get them and fiddle around with them. Thanks for all of your hard work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:23 pm 

buell wrote:
Earnyourturn wrote:

That is a big question that depends on what you mean by "HB'ing on a solid."

If you are freeriding at lower angles on a normal width snowboard using lightweight AT boots, then yes, they would be perfectly fine for that. It would be just like riding them in the BC on a splitboard. John has an base plate that will fit a solid board hole pattern.

If you want to carve groomers on narrow alpine boards at higher angles using true snowboard hardboots that are much more stout than the lightweight AT boots we are splitting in (such as Deeluxe, Head, UPZ....), then no, I would not do that. The Phantoms are only designed to go to about 30 degrees.

I really like F2 Race Titaniums for carving on groomers in true snowboard hardboots on an alpine board. Bola at All Board Sports in Boulder can set you up. If you are are 200 pounds plus and run high angles (over 55 degrees), I would also consider Bomber TD3s.

I was mostly talking about using hard boots for a standard day loafing around the resort on a normal snowboard (burton custom x for example). Wondering if it's possible to use these boots with a standard 4 hole or burton's 3 hole configuration.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:20 pm 

There are two types of inserts you can get. One for splitboard only, and one for solid / split, with the idea of being able to mount to a DIY board. I got that setup so I can get used to this whole hardbooting thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 am 

Bindings start shipping out this week. Got a bunch of them to put together so thank you for your patience as it will take a few weeks to get them all shipped out.

If you have any address changes, now's the time to let me know.

Few pictures of how the colors turned out. I'll get better one when I get more time but you get the idea. The grey looks almost black.

Plate that works on a solid/Solid DIY/Split

Split only board plates

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 pm 

:thumbsup: :bananas:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 pm 

so bad ass!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:51 pm 

Yeha.... a perefect work, no diskussion :thumpsup:

Markus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:40 pm 

SOLID work K-man, super stoked :rock: :headbang: :thatrocks:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:57 pm 

I'm so excited! Nice work John! You are undoubtedly the man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next