Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: F2 Race Titanium Bindings... Thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am 

I'm piecing together the last few pieces of my first HB setup and I'm getting almost too excited to go and try it. I'm still trying to figure out what bindings I want for the down though. Has anyone tried or heard anything about the F2 Race Titanium bindings? I'm having trouble finding much info on them for splitboarding so I'm thinking they might not be a very popular choice, but if anyone has any experience, opinions, or ideas on how they might work for me I'd be glad to hear them.
Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: F2 Race Titanium Bindings... Thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm 

They work awesome.

You might be able to put up a want to buy on Bomberonline for a set if you need to find a used pair. I am pretty sure that Snowpros also work well.

The F2 Race Titanium toe and heel blocks, t-nutted to the Voile plate, is the set up that both Rebecca and I ride (We have a set of Phantom bindings on the way to try). As long as your boot is smaller than about 28 mondo, the blocks mount directly into the existing holes on the Voile plate. We are using the 5.5mm bail version from a few years ago. The new ones with a 5.9 bail will still work but I expect they will be stiffer than the older version.

I bought longer screws from the hardware store and used the Voile t-nuts to mount them to the plate in the outer holes. Make sure to cut off the bottom of the screw flush with the t-nut so the plate will slide onto the pucks. There is a v notch on the bottom of the F2 blocks so I cut up the Voile rubber gasket to fit between the blocks and the plate. You can run cant and lift and use the stock sole length adjuster screws to dial in the boot fit. We run one wedge of inward cant on the front and back feet.

Post subject: Re: F2 Race Titanium Bindings... Thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 pm 

Quote:
I am pretty sure that Snowpros also work well

Yep, the SnowPro Race works well.