Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Modifications to Light Rail
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 pm 

I'm wondering what modifications (if any) peoples have made to their bindings. I picked up some lightrails and was kinda bummed on the straps they stole from 2001. Especially the non-cap toe strap. I think Voile might have made them this way for weight, but I'm not sure if I'm all that concerned about a few ounces.

So I tried to switch them with extra straps I have around. I tried K2 straps, Tech9 and Raiden but the mounts were all wrong and would require modifications to the holes. Finally I found some Flux Titans that the straps swapped pretty easily. Then I realized I could swap the highbacks. If I keep it like this I'll have to find some washers for the strap mount as they are a bit lose, but other than that it all went together really well.

So far I'm digging my Frankenstein bindings but I won't be able to try this out for a quite a while, so maybe the whole thing is a bad idea.

I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with strap swaps or other mods.

Post subject: Re: Modifications to Light Rail
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 am 

Folks have been modding their gear (straps and highbacks included) since the beginning.

Nice work on your LightRail mod! :thatrocks:

Post subject: Re: Modifications to Light Rail
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 am 

Thanks. I figured people were making mods, I guess I am curious what experiences people have had (both good and bad) with theirs.

Also, before I found the Flux straps, I searched this forum for what straps others have found worked. Maybe there is already a modification thread and I just missed it. idk.