Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bomber splitboard bindings?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm 

Are the splitboard bindings different than the toe/heel from the sidewinder? Can the sidewinder be broken down to use like the splitboard on the voile plates?

How is the lateral hinge/flex? It looks cool in the abstract.

Anybody riding the splitboard binding with the TLT 5?

Cheers,
M

Post subject: Re: Bomber splitboard bindings?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm 

Bomber does sell the Sidewinder Splitboard binding. See http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Splitboard-binding_p_112.html and these mount on Voile Slider Tracks

I am very pleased with how the Sidewinder binding ride. The medial lateral flex really does help!

The sidewinders are originally designed for a Snowboard Hardboot which has a higher heel (welt)than an AT Boot. I purchased my Sidewinders at the BomberOnline Shop in Silverthorne. Finn used a ginder to lower the rear lower the heel bale. I ride an F1 boot. Rather than tell how this fix was done. Contact Bomber Online and ask Finn to help you with the fix.

BTW the Sidewinders have improved the ride of my Venture Storm 09/10 splitboard.

I ride in a stock Scarpa F1, Dynafits toe pieces and the Bomber Sidewinder Bindings. See:
Scarpa F1 and F3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9040 and New Bomber Splitboard Binding viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9038

I particularly like the comments made by Barrows concerning the Dynafit TLT 5 Mountain AT Boot, WOW! viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10958

Also good information in "Why use hard boots and plates? One view". See http://www.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8706

Lastly, I would look hard for a pair of Burton Race Plate Bindings and mod to fit on a Voile Slider Tracks see this post http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12003&p=98818&hilit=race+plate#p98818 above and this post. Because of the significant weight savings Burton Race Plate Bindings vs. Bombers.

Both Bomber and Burton Race Plate are great splitboard bindings!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 am 

Thanks for the reply!

Have you seen or tried the Bomber Splitboard binding which has a toe and heel that mount to the voile plate? Any comparisons between that and the Raceplate bindings?

I haven't been able to track down any of the old race plates yet, and to get a new set like the Ibex or Carve Company current models, you are looking at around the same price as the bomber splitboard specific binding (~299).

As for flex, it sounds like the bomber products use the hinge and spacer to provide some lateral flex, while the Race Plates may just be more flexible materials.

Any further info would be great!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm 

Quote:
Have you seen or tried the Bomber Splitboard binding which has a toe and heel that mount to the voile plate?

Yes, I have the Bomber Sidewinder Splitboard binding..

As mention in the above post and the posted links, the Siderwinders are a great splitboard binding.

It has taken me two years to bid / purchase two pair Burton Race Plate Bindings on eBay for around $100 dollars each.

I have not tried Burton Race Plate - Voile Plate mod yet, but run a Burton Carrier Plate Binding on a Burton Fish. Both bindings ride extremely well. It just a matter of saving weight with the Burton Race-Voile.

Again look at the suggest posted links and search for Burton Race Plates threads (in particular Barrows, Sog-Nar and Vapor threads).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 am 

BTW: If you are going to try Burton Race Plates (or Bomber Sidewinders) look for a pair of Dynafit Toe pieces. Because, the binding toe and heel pieces (depending on boot size, I wear a size 27 mondo hard boot)) extend beyond the Voile-plate. This limits the range of motion for touring, when using Burton Race binders for touring.

Dynafits Toe pieces help with Bomber Sidewinders and other Splitboard HB plate bindings, as well by touring with less weight as compared with touring with plate bindings alone.

There are many other advantages for aka "Dyna-Split" (aka) mounting Dynafit Toe Pieces to a splitboard) and are covered in the above links mention before in this thread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm 

dude just buy sparks. never. ever buy burton bindings. ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 pm 

nordicbordn wrote:
dude just buy sparks. never. ever buy burton bindings. ever.

:scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:46 am 

i bought a pair of burton customs, and the baseplate snapped right in half while i was riding down a considerably steep slope, nothing out of the ordinary.. unsafe and unreliable to say the least. poorly manufactured and mass-produced.
but hey, support whoever you like, thats just my opinion. small business vs. corporate retailer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 am 

nordicbordn did you bother to read the entire post? This a hard boot binding thread.

Bomber splitboard bindings are:

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Splitboard-binding_p_112.html

Concerning Burton bindings the base plate is not used for a splitboard binding.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:31 pm 

nordicbrdn seems quite jaded in his recent posts...i guess that will happen after all them broken bones.

drifting. burton bindings are just fine and if yours broke that is an isolated incident.

also spark uses burton straps! UH OH who you supporting now?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:33 pm 

christoph benells wrote:
nordicbrdn seems quite jaded in his recent posts...i guess that will happen after all them broken bones.

drifting. burton bindings are just fine and if yours broke that is an isolated incident.

also spark uses burton straps! UH OH who you supporting now?

Perhaps it is all the MEDs!

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 pm 

sorry guys, dont want to bring anyone down. nothing against anyone, just not havin good luck these days. next season will be okay. hardboots, ski boots, were all just trying to shred. i did get a little fallacious with my argument. go rip some july turns tomoro for anyone that cant do it. :guinness: