Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Size 9 Burton Ion boots in Voile Light Rail Bindings
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm 

Hi Guys,

I sure hope I put this in the right spot. It's my first post. I didn't think I should just throw a question in any of the current talk about Ion boots or the light rail bindings discussion. I've searched them all and can't find an answer to my question.

I have mens size 9 Burton Ion boots and am going to get the Voile Lightrail bindings. The Ion boots are supposed to have a smaller footprint than other boots so I'm thinking of going with the size small Lightrails that are rated up to a size 8.5 boot. Anyone know if this will work? I really don't like having bindings that are too big for my boots.

None of my local shops have any new gear in yet, and may never get the light rails in.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Size 9 Burton Ion boots in Voile Light Rail Bindings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:40 pm 

Hi,

I have Burton slx-boots and they have similar measures than Ions, so the 9 is 8,5 etc.. My boots are 10,5 US-size and I use M-size Spark bindings, which are rated size 10,5 boots and smaller. My opinion is that the boot fits int the binding much better than it should in its size, so the outer measures are smaller than normal boots. I also have Burton Mission bindings in my solid board and those are large-size, but my slx's are too small for that large-size binding, even though they should fit there according to Burton's size chart.

So my advise is: if your boot is between the sizes, choose smaller, 'cause probably it fits well to smaller, but is too small for larger. :thumpsup: