Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plate binders_which ones?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm 

Greetings fella split snowboarders,

I've been meandering about the forums lately (getting myself stoked for shred), and have come across a few different threads about plate bindings. However, I've not come to any specific conclusions about whats best.

So...that's why I need advice. I'm a hardbooter, obviously as I'm looking at plates, and I'm currently and have for a while used the Voile plates. There's a couple binders out there, old and new, Burton, Celtek, Bomber, Ibex, Voile, and a couple DIY pieces, that make plates but which ones best? The Voile's have worked ok, but I've had issues and know theres better. Also, I'm looking towards the lightest binder out there...

My thoughts have been running with what do I want to go with? Whose running something light, durable and cool (Bomber splitty binders are cool but heavy, any way to lighten them?). Any help would be much appreciated and thanks!

Post subject: Re: Plate binders_which ones?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 pm 

No way to lighten the Bombers, the bails are really heavy. I use Burton RacePlate toe and heel pieces direct mounted to the Voile slider plate. This results in a lightweight, and very low to the board set up, with reliable retention, and a little flex from the (thinner than Bomber) bails. The drawback is that one has to modify the Voile slider plate to fit, and once set up, they cannot be adjusted for different boots; considering the affordability of additional slider plates, the lack of adjustability is not a big deal.
The Ibex binding is a rebrand of the Burton RacePlates, so can be used for parts.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/