Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: rughty binders
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 pm 

Hey Burton. I had that in mind before I installed the bushings and you are partially correct. The pin still must spin when you put the binder in tour mode and still has the potential of gauling and eventually seize. The other problem you could have with no bushing is that the pin holes in the binders will oval out with all that pressure during touring. Brass bushings are a much more durable solution.

Sweet Pedro. Glad they worked out. Got any pics? I've only seen the bases.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm 

Light and comfy...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 pm 

A few more transformed binders

Ride LXH

Ride Omega

Ride LS

Ride LX

All of these binders have been tagged!

5 more pairs will soon be ready. Maybe you can win one of them at the Kalifornia Split Party at Convict Lake in April!!! I will also be bringing demo sets for the Baker Splitfest for those who are interested in checking out a lesser expensive alternative splitboard specific binding... :thumpsup:

edit:

More pics of the Omega binders with the nylon toe ramp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 am 

Wow! You have been busy!

Binding are looking great and i really like the "Rughty" stamp!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 pm 

WHOOP! THERE IT IS!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm 

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT??!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:22 pm 

Have you considered converting either the old Ride Tomcat or Ride Mig? If I remember correctly, those were two of the lightest aluminum bindings made. I'm also a little surprised you haven't cut the heel cups mounting point off and just welded it directly to the base.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 am 

I will convert any aluminum base binding given the chance. Running out of funds and slider tracks at the moment to try too many other binders. Actually, I am looking for a pair of flow binders to convert next. I have welded the heel cup to the base on one of the first pairs I made, but losing the adjustable aspect of the heel cups were not worth the little weight savings that process creates. I have been trying to keep all binders fully adjustable for all you guys to try out. I will have a few pairs at the Kali party this year (one of which will be given away at the raffle) for who ever wants to check them out or even demo. For those who are in the market for new splitboard specific bindings, bring some extra cash, you will want a pair!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 am 

Quote:
I will convert any aluminum base binding given the chance. Running out of funds and slider tracks at the moment to try too many other binders. Actually, I am looking for a pair of flow binders to convert next

I have a pair of flow bindings, 2006/2007, pro series I believe. Not sure if they are aluminum base plate or not...even after looking at it. But if its one you could use, I could possibly ship it to you if its not too expensive(im in BC) Im gonna see if anybody around here wants them first, if not then maybe you can use them.

Couldn't find online if the pro series are aluminum base plate. I know the NXTs were.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:01 pm 

KGN wrote:
I have a pair of flow bindings, 2006/2007, pro series I believe. Not sure if they are aluminum base plate or not...even after looking at it. But if its one you could use, I could possibly ship it to you if its not too expensive(im in BC) Im gonna see if anybody around here wants them first, if not then maybe you can use them.

Couldn't find online if the pro series are aluminum base plate. I know the NXTs were.

If they are the Team bindings, they are magnesium baseplates. These are the 2006 Team bindings:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm 

FYI, there's a pair of Rughtys on eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:13 am 

For those who are interested in having a pair converted in time for the Kali party, get your orders in ASAP. Weld run starts next week. I need to have your binders no later than Wed (maybe Thursday depending on load). Call me if you have any questions at 775250146four.

^There is actually 2 pairs on ebay. Contact me if you are interested and we can conclude the sale outside of ebay. The fewer people dipping into my shallow pockets the better! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 am 

No they arent the team bindings, I think they are just called the pro series. Anyways, I dont want them modded for myself, was just going to give them away if Rughty needed a binding to experiment on.

I reckon I can give away the board and binders to somebody in town, even though it seems not many snowboard here, especially the young ones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next