Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dynafit users? What kind of bindings are u using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:18 pm 

How are u attaching them to your split?

Post subject: Re: Dynafit users? What kind of bindings are u using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:35 pm 

I'm using Bomber plate bindings from http://www.bomberonline.com

I used the Voile plate bindings before but had a set break on me and have been using the Bombers since. They seem to be quite a bit stiffer and have held up much better so far than the Voiles. They are also much more expensive and heavier as well. Since they go in the pack, I haven't minded the weight too much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:52 pm 

I am using the toe and heel blocks of F2 Race Titanium hardboot bindings direct mounted to the Voile plates. Others are using the toe and heel blocks of Snopros, Burton Raceplates, and Cateks direct mounted.

As Wasatch_Don mentioned, the rigid Bomber split bindings can still be found used, and of course there are the Voile Mountain Plates.

The F2, Snopro, and Burton bindings offer far more safety than the Voiles and lighter weight wih more lateral flex than the Bombers and Cateks. The F2 and Snopro allow you to use lift and cant if you want.

Some of us are looking forward to trying the new Bomber Sidewinders.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm 

I use Dynafit Speed toe pieces, direct mounted to the board with ski screws. The direct mount saves weight over the Spark Adapters, and allows one to offset the bindings if one likes (I do).
For downhill, I use Burton Raceplate toe and heel pieces direct mounted to the Voile Slider Plate. This setup is lightweight, and low to the board.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm 

So what part goes into your pack and does this allow for a locked heel when u want to do a little dh in tourmode? Do you have a picture of your setup?
Wasatch_Don wrote:
I'm using Bomber plate bindings from http://www.bomberonline.com

I used the Voile plate bindings before but had a set break on me and have been using the Bombers since. They seem to be quite a bit stiffer and have held up much better so far than the Voiles. They are also much more expensive and heavier as well. Since they go in the pack, I haven't minded the weight too much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm 

Only the toe pieces are mounted to the board and not the Dynafit heel pieces. Therefore, I don't have a way to lock in the heel for downhill sections, I just show off my poor Tele technique instead.

The Voile plates with my Bomber bindings attached to them stay in the backpack on the uptrack.

Does that help?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 pm 

I ride the Scarpa F1 boot with Dynafit toe pieces and Sno Pro Race bindings (toe and heel pieces), Modified to Voile slider plates . The Snow Pro Race bindings come with 0, 3 and 6 degree canting.
Canting really helps with aligning the proper Leg/boot alignment to the board. Snow Pro Race bindings allow to adjust the boot sole length to accommodate different AT boots.

Buell and Barrows defiantly have a lighter set-up.

Read the F1/F3 Post for more details.

I have gone back to a more traditional stance; 21 front and 9 back, in order to get a more normal 20 inch stance width. In order for me to run higher angles (free carve, plus 30 degrees), I would have to increase stance width, in order to accommodate the Dynafit toe piece and G3 Dual Heel lifters.

Also, the Bomber Sidewinder Bindings are of great interest, if you tour with the Dynafits (toe piece and Sparks Dynafit Adapter). Bomber Sidewinder allow for later flex for the ride down and at Dynafits help eliminate lateral flex for skiing/touring.

Buell and Barrows defiantly have a lighter set-up.

Read the F1/F3 Post for more details.

Venture Storm R 163 (2010) with Dynafit Bindings, F1 Scarpa Boots, Snowpro Race Plate Bindings * Nitro Retro Swallowtail 171 (DIY Splitboard), Burton Fish 156 * Vans BOA "Klutch" Step-in Snowboard Boot and Switch X Bindings