Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Northwave - Customer Service
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:21 pm 

Last winter I tried the Northwave Decade SL. I used them for the backcountry and at the resort. I was digging the boots and then sent customer service an email requesting spare laces to keep in pack in the backcounty. Got a new pair of laces within a few days...sweet.

Then I ran into a minor problem with the liner and tried to get in resolved with emails, phone calls, etc. No response...after months of trying, I let it lie during the off season but wanted to get it resolved for this season. Again, no response to my emails, the phone number on website didn't work, etc.

Finally, I found out that the company had been sold to Vittoria Industries...got a hold of them, explained the problem and they told me to send them my boots. They sent me a NEW pair (because of a very minor issue) within a week! Been out on them 6 days in the bc and 4 at the resort and they have been great. Anyway, point is, if anyone is trying to get a hold of Northwave Customer Service...the number at Vittoria is 800 223-3207.

Post subject: Re: Northwave - Customer Service
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 pm 

thanks!!! I love my decades, but i've always been scared of the speed lace system. after numerous attempts to contact northwave i sent an email to vittoria and new laces were sent to me the next day. always great to have a backup set.

thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:55 pm 

This is interesting, I had some bad luck with trying to get new laces here in Canada, but hopefully they've turned a corner.
I love my Decades!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:33 pm 

Glad they hooked you up Ghost...while they don't seem to know too much about snowboarding, they have been really responsive. Wish I would have got a pair of Decades before last season - I am really digging them...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:11 pm 

UPDATE

About 3 or 4 days after i requested new laces i received a set of 4 new laces in the mail. sweet! threw them in my pack as backups and didn't really think about it.

2 days after that i got another small package with 2 more laces!! awesome...i guess they "forgot" about the inner boot laces so they shipped those out to me too.