Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: binding interface
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 pm 

I'm about to take the plunge and purchase a split system.
I think it would be convenient for travelling if the bindings/interface could work on my regular deck as well. That way I would not have to take 2 sets of bindings.
Are the bolt holes on a splitboard the same as on a regular deck?
Can you mount the splitboard interface on a regular deck?
That would be a big influence on whether to go Voile or Karakoram if one did and one didn't.

Another question....Will I really hurt the splitboard much if I also used it for a bunch of in-bounds riding, groomers, etc? If I were on a trip doing both resort and backcountry stuff, should I be concerned about stressing the splitboard too much by doing all of my riding on it?

The boards are pretty pricey and I'd hate to beat it up unneccessarily.

Much thanks for your input!

Post subject: Re: binding interface
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 pm 

No

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am 

Option 1 - rumors are that a split/solid binding is in the works, maybe next year. Option two, regular bindings on voile plates, you have to remove them from the plates and mount to your solid when you want to switch. Option three mount DIY pucks to your solid board and but a set of sparks or volie binders and slide them on. No prob using the split inbounds, it will be heavier due to the extra hardware.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm 

Much thanks for the advice. I can't wait to mess around with the new toys!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:36 pm 

walove wrote:
Option 1 - rumors are that a split/solid binding is in the works, maybe next year. Option two, regular bindings on voile plates, you have to remove them from the plates and mount to your solid when you want to switch. Option three mount DIY pucks to your solid board and but a set of sparks or volie binders and slide them on. No prob using the split inbounds, it will be heavier due to the extra hardware.

I don't rate myself as a great rider so take this for whats its worth , I rode my splitboards all season last year, my old shitter solid stayed at home as its past any good use by date a long time ago. The splitboard rode fine in all conditions and I didn't really feel disadvantaged. Also I think riding a solid with diy pucks drilled to fit standard board bolt pattern would be damn good, the sparks are a low down ride nice low ride height and they are light, and they would be lighter than a lot of standard bindings I can think of. Imagine travelling how easy just throw your bindings in your bag and pack 2 or 3 boards flat in the board bag, and with a binding that rides well - put some Burners on there!