Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deeluxe Soft Boots
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:11 pm 

Anybody ever try Deeluxe's soft boots? The Vicious model looks like a really nice boot with a true moldable liner, unlike the (not really) "moldable" liners offered by Burton and Salomon.
It does not seem like Deeluxe has much representation in the US, but we have a great store here in Boulder-All Boards Sports, which carries them (as well as Prior, Venture, and Donek splits).

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

Post subject: Re: Deeluxe Soft Boots
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:41 pm 

I´ve heard nothing but good things about Deeluxe, and the company having made hardboots for xx number of years, and softboots for the recent years, I feel it´s confident inspiring that the company´s only up to making one category of gear, period.

Also good is that they´re part of C3 distribution, along with Capita and Union (and others) this means that any issues you may have will be taken care of in a very proper and timely manner. Good peeps.

I was eyeing the Vicious boots myself when my F22s started to die. Found too good a deal on Malamutes, so went that direction instead.

Igneous custom R/R 175, Union Force DLXs
NS Heritage 162, Rome 390s
Boots: Mallies.
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 am 

I bought my Deeluxe boots at Allboards Sports and I am extremely happy with them. They replaced Malamutes, and I prefer the Deeluxe for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:45 pm 

Did you get the Vicious?
I have been looking to get a good stiff freeride boot. The Solomon's don't fit me. I have been weary of the Driver-X because I have heard about durability issues (nothing bad, just not what you would expect for $300).

I came across the Deeluxe website and the tech looked good. I was looking at the Empire because the site won't show me the specs for the Vicious. Is the Vicious stiffer than the Empire?

I am mainly wondering how well the TPS Shield and Backtrack tech work. I have been around to all the forums and LBR is the first person I've found to use Deeluxe softies.

Any comparisons on stiffness, durability, and fit(nowhere near me has them to try on) vs. malamutes or DX would be helpful. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 pm 

Howdy,

I've had a couple pairs of deeluxe boots over the years and they seem to be well made. I ended up with stitched liners both times and found that the heel hold was fierce strong. So much so that my heels would go numb. Might be that my heel bones have a couple freakish bumps. The last pair was the Vicious as of a couple seasons ago and I sold them after a couple rides due to the heel issue and a pressure point I could not get sorted. They were stiff and responsive as hell. The friend that I sold them to ended up super happy with 'em.