Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: chop that shiz
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 am 

karkis wrote:
96 - my feet are wide thru the forefoot, high arches and kinda skinny heels. i've never seemed to feel much for scarpas lasts. for rock shoes my feet match la sportivas fit, and the newer mens anasazis have a wider forefoot than 5.10 used to make and theyre sweet for me.

Thanks...Sportiva are a bit narrow in the heel for me, may have to keep looking...

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

Post subject: Re: Dynafit Zzero 3 PX - TF
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:22 pm 

yeh im diggin the boots a lot more now, that brought the jib factor back to where i dont feel like im reachin too far ta grab the rails. i probly would chop a bit more but i think i'll work on my patience, wait for the spark crew ta put out the new plate binders. baby steps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm 

Karkis, thanks for all the feedback here. I picked up a pair of the Zzero 3 Cs, as the distributor is not bringing in the PX anymore. Even stock these boots are pretty soft, and flex pretty well laterally and medially. I went ahead and modded them right away, allowing for some more forward flex, and cutting down the inner cuff support on the medial side, allowing more medial flex. These boots now flex almost identically to my Driver Xs in the Sparks! I am really impressed with them, the weight is really low, and the boot is really low profile (the sole of the boot is really thin) allowing for great board feel. I put in a Sole moldable insole, and molded the liner myself, and the fit is great.
Anyone looking for a great boot for splitting, look no further than the Dynafit Zzero 3, this boot really rocks for split use!
Chris, if you can find a dealer with any of the Zzero series boots in stock, I would suggest trying them out for a shell fit. If your foot fits in them in the shell with an insole, I would suspect that you can get a good fit once you mold the liner. With the shape of the shell I would suspect that almost any foot shape should be able to achieve good fit in these boots (I was a bootfitter in a former time). If you are even considering hard boots at all you owe it to yourself to check out the Dynafit Zzero 3s. I dropped 10 ozs. per foot going from the Driver X/Spark combo to the Zzero 3/Race plate Mod combo; and gained all the advantages of a plastic shelled boot for climbing, camping, etc.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:02 pm 

^^^Many Thanks!

Will definitely start my search. Great feedback folks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 pm 

Yes I have enjoyed riding the dynafit 3's this year. you need to replace the tounges though with the HINGED touring toungues from scarpa spirit 3's if you want any flex/ie. kung fu/ feel for the snow. These are tthe orange toungues. Also, I moved the top buckle catch over to the last hole. and ride with the buckle on the catch, but not snapped shut, and the velcro done up loose.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 pm 

the boot looks ... great- no diskusion : becaus to stiffy for the downhill - climb up the best energie on the track.

i ride some time a tlt4 with 3 buckel all time i open the top buckels . some cantings 3° - 6 °can help you ....

Markus

Post subject: Re: Dynafit Zzero 3 PX - TF, update
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm 

Troll...
Thanks for the tip on the Scarpa Spirit 3 tongues. I ordered up a pair of these from my local Scarpa dealer, and installed them in the Zzero 3s. The Spirit 3 tongues (touring tongue) is hinged, and provides for a softer flex, both forward, and laterally and medially. I have retired my boards for the season, but a little carpet surfing in these feels very promising-maybe even too soft! The boots are definitely softer in forward flex now than my Driver Xs (when the D X is laced tight). Anyone rocking a hard boot ought to try and get a pair of the Spirit 3 tongues to try, they were $23.00 from my dealer, and will probably fit in quite a few boots, just another mod to allow fine tuning of the flex.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/