Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teleboots, Can they hang?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:59 am 

I have got a pair of brand new T2x Scarpa boots that I got last year.

I have been a soft booter since 86 and have been thinking about seeing what a hard boot can do in the steeps. I have searched the boots section and can't see much about anyone trying out the teleboots with teleplates.

Any love?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 pm 

I was wondering if you have tried your tele boots splittin, I have a pair of tele boots and I think I am going to cut the duck toe down like a mountaineering boot and use the mountain plates as my bindings. I know ou can get a tele plate but with size 11 feet toe hangover is an issue so I want to cut the length of the boot down.

Jason
gearsandbeers@gmail.com

Post subject: Tele-boots with plate binding......
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am 

I have finally set my split up with a pair of Garmont Veloce tele boots and Voile Tele Plates. I shaved the duck toe down in order to decrease toe drag but this isn't necesarry. Unfortunantly I broke my ankle in the Wasatch a few weeks ago so a review will not be out for another 4-6 weeks. I'll let y'all know how it goes once I heal and get a few rides in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 am 

Earlier this week, I was talking to an Exum-Utah splitboard guide who has worked for Voile in the past. I was under the impression my Tele boots would work with the Mtn Plate, but he pointed out that the duckbill means that the lever has to be in back. He also said they don't make their teleplates anymore, and a quick scan of the website supports that conclusion. I looked to see if you could just turn them around, but the heel piece is too narrow for the foot of the boot, with or without the duckbill. Then, I looked to see if you could use two lever-sides, and it looks like it SHOULD work, but I don't have the spare parts right now to test it. It looks like the main difference in the Mtn-Tele plates are just the size of the wires, specifically in the tele-toe wire to fit over the boot.

So, Please Voile, can you fire up you wire-bender and welder to make up a couple of these babies for those of us a bit late to the game? :)

Shep

Post subject: tele boots
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:24 pm 

I know of a few people who ride with tele boots. I don't know if or how much of a problem toe hang is.One of the mountaineering equipment companies makes a tele toe bail for crampons that may retro-fit to the Mtn. Plates. Plastic AT boots serve me well in all BC applications esp. in the big mountains.I imagine tele boots will work as well if not better with the bellows toe.

Post subject: tele boots
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:07 pm 

i've tried all three setups on a splitboard. soft/atwith the voile plate and now fabed up a pair of scarpa t2 with a tele binding in the center.
took a bit of work to get around the problems but its by far the best/ lightest system that ive run. the control in the steeps and trees is fun where the other systems always seem to inhibit me. am also learning to do a decent tele turn with them too so maybe it'll keep the pinheads of my back to switch to skis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:10 am 

Hey Vapor,

What sort of modifications did you have to do to get your Scarpa T2's to work? I was also curious if you're using cants, Voile MTN plates, different boot liners, etc.

I've got a line on a cheap pair of T1's, and am hoping to keep my casual stance angles (Front 18, Back -6) and still have that "surfy", knees together feel on the ride down.

thanks,

jeff