Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Women's boots?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:25 pm 

I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for women's boots. I had a pair of K2's that were okay, I wasn't crazy about having a boa in the backcountry and the liners got too packed out. I recently bought a pair of burton boots which are quite ill fitting. At first they were too tight and now they are too loose but still pinch my little toe. I have a wider foot with a very narrow heel. I've tried on several different men's boots but my heel always moves around freely.

Here's what I'm looking for: Speedlace or traditional laces, good heel hold, med/stiff flex, wide toe box, soft cushy liner especially around the ankles...does such a boot exist?

Post subject: Re: Women's boots?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:58 pm 

I've got the same foot shape as you SofiAk, and traditionally have had a hell of a lot of drama with boots. With your foot shape you should be avoiding burton at all costs - wrong footbed shape.

Personally I ride K2 boots, with double boas in the back country and it doesn't bother me in the slightest - as replacement cables and parts are light and easy to come by. Plus - on my old K2 darkos I only had to replace one cable in 6 seasons, and I noticed the cable fraying before I went out riding - so no issue there.
I understand that Boas are wildly divisive but they are easily replaced and if you maintain them properly they shouldn't break while you're out riding.

The K2 conda system provides the best heel lock down in my opinion and You will find that K2 and Ride have the right shape foot bed - wide at the front narrow at the back. If you're definitely not for boa I'd be looking at Salomon and Head boots, both brands have the right shape you're looking for and offer speedlace/regular lace.

Good Luck!

Post subject: Re: Women's boots?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:39 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out! I was happy with how my K2 Haven's fit but sadly, they only lasted one season.