Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hardboot/binding rental/demo in colorado asap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 am 

hey guys,

those tlts are hard to find!!! I have seen a couple pairs locally but cant really stomach dropping the coin before even trying them.

I have tried on the tlt6 in a 28.5 and they felt a little long but I liked the overall first flex impressions.

ANYONE IN COLORADO( front range is easier) that has tlt5 in a 28 I could try on? maybe rent for a day of touring and riding?

I will pay you money, smoke, drink, whatever you like to demo ride your tlt5 setup. I would like to try a complete phantom setup, let me rent your boot and binding setup FOR ONE DAY. I am getting good turns (11/2/13) with a nice long tour so this would be a great way to test the setup.

This will tell me weather or not hard boots will work for me. Please help me get a look into the dark side. I will also provide picture evidence of me attempting to method in them on the first day. as this is VERY important to me. looking to demo this weekend if possible- help a fellow splitter out. lets show those skiers we can be even faster... HAHA

Post subject: Re: hardboot/binding rental/demo in colorado asap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:02 pm 

It might be worth calling Bo or Troy or Ryan at Summit Canyon Mountaineering

Phone:(970) 945-6994
Summit Canyon Mountaineering
732 Grand Ave, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601

They have Dynafit boots and a demo Venture Oding Splitboard. I'm not sure that they will have the Hardboot bindings for demo.

Try splitting up Sunlight Mountain Resort or the Sunlight Mountain (Glenwood's Springs Ghetto Backcountry)

Also Finn at Bomber in Silverthrone, I think Finn
has a demo splitboard and Sidewinder hardboot bindings

Bomber Industries Inc
Address: PO Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO 80498
Phone:(970) 513-7733

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:19 pm 

The 28 and the 28.5 are the same exact shell. Pretty sure the liner is the same as well. The 28's just have a thicker footbed insert, from what I understand.
I was in the same situation- needed 28s, but I ended up buying 28.5s. I still need to get them fitted and molded. Will probably do a new footbed. Maybe next year I'll pony up for some intuition liners.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 am 

I understand all the sizing but I have only found a tlt 6 to try on not a 5. and it was a 28.5 so I know it needs to be either a 27 or 28 shell.
It seems silly to buy these 700$ boots and then buy 200$ liners... maybe Im crazy but a costly pair of snowboard boots is $450 burton ions... to go over that they need to be pretty rad.

That's why I'd like to try some ones setup before I drop the coin. Help a brother out, If I break your shit I will replace it, I will let you hold my new rossignol xv split if that makes you feel more comfortable.. Just hoping I could get a day on some ones modded tlt5 and see if its worth persuing. I'm totally confident that I can modify and make them flex the way I need to... IF THEY FIT.

Again anyone in Colorado front range have tlt5 s I can try on and get an idea, at this point id be happy with some floor dancing in them and see how they feel, obviously riding in them would be better but I understand people not wanting to loan out gear...

and I know a couple of you aren't even thinking about getting out yet.... just let me try your gear, ILL pay you. :scratch:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 am 

Try contacting Dynafit and seeing if they are doing any on-snow demos soon. There are a few coming up at various resorts and they might have a size range for you to try, or maybe point you in the direction of a shop where you could demo the boots.