Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mod to boots inner liner high back ?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:37 pm 

remember when snowboard boots didn't have that high piece on the inner boot that cuts right into my calf? I think they were mostly freestyle boots. anyway, that part digs into my calf so hard I can not back a heel side turn tits that bad. I did just last year get a pair of Burton SI boots and bindings that work perfect in fact I have never felt so on my board before and the boots because they are older have that perfect non calf digging shape in the back, however its a very heavy binding. So this year I thought I would give the clickers a try. I came across a great deal for boots and bindings and yes the bindings are very light and the boots as well compared to the Burton Si, anyway they have that damn calf thing on the inner boot and as soon as I tried them on I could feel it right away and I didn't even lean back yet.

So...... does/has anyone tried to do something about this with their own boots? I thought it might be possible to just make a simple cut in the fabric and then cut off the offending piece and hope to some way seal it again and keep it safe from snow and water damage but I thought I'd ask around first to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Let me know if you have any ideas.
thanks