Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spark boot sizing issues
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm 

Having bought these excellent boots, my thoughts are that they are sized too big.
I am a size 10.5 / 11 in snowboard boots usually (based on the last few snug fiiting ones I've owned - K2, Burton and Ride), and the size 10 Spark boots I purchased have turned out to be too big for my feet. I then took them into a boot fitter to see if they could fix this, and they said it wasn't worth doing as the outer shell was too big for my feet. Thus I'm swapping them in for a size 9-9.5 boot. I see from other posts many people are sizing up from what they normally use, I'm a wee bit perplexed as to why I am having the opposite experience. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Post subject: Re: Spark boot sizing issues
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 pm 

I normally ride a size 10-10.5, and I sized down to a 9 in the spark. I put my foot in the size 10 with no liner and there was tons of room. size 9 with no liner and i still had 2 fingers at the heel. I had them molded.

That said, I have had them on two tours now. My big toe is right up against the front of the boot so its a bit uncomfortable/painful for skinning and booting by the end of the day. Awesome for riding response though. We will see after a couple more longer days in them if this is the right size. Edit: I guess I should try the 9.5s if they are still too tight.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 pm 

Moved from 11.5 Burton Ruler to 11 Sparks. Fit is snug, but feels right, and will pack out a bit. I also think it would have been wrong for me to size up from 11.5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:32 pm 

This is very interesting! Glad i didn't order the size up from my old burton boots for the Sparks! I decided I should wait a year or two for them to work out the "kinks". Bottom line is "Better try these on before purchasing." I read a bunch of threds about the sparks and different sizing opinions. Peace out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 am 

I reselling my deeluxe spark its way too long, almost 1 inch longer that my old shoe.
It causes massive toe drag.
such a pity.