Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dynafit TLT 5 Mountain, WOW!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:42 am 

singlewhitecaveman wrote:
breadbox wrote:
Still clinging to the method dream, eh?

I'm really intrested in modding the lateral parts fo the TLT5s for sideways flex, but just can't quite bring myself to take the dremel to them :cry:

Good point. Should've added I'm only interested in modding the back boot.

Breadbox, when you figure out hard boots are the way to go, can I reccomend you mod the front boot only? That way you don't have to give up your switch japan airs.

My boots are easily soft enough for a quite stylish method. There is a nice picture of karkis doing a fine method at the Phantom Splitboard Bindings FaceBook page...
Ahh, the Japan air-now that might be a different story. Love the style of Christian Hosoi doing big Japan airs back in the day... I bet Shaun White's snowboard boots are too stiff to even do a good one on a snowboard though, hahaha. Frontside Straight airs, my fav (also sometimes considered Indys, but really the Indy needs a pipe to really be an Indy...) powerful position, flows with the line, keeps the body in line with the energy... but I digress to my former life as a skater.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 pm 

"patience Daniel son" I'm at least two years out from the ideal split set up for myself. tlt's, phantoms or the next iteration, light wieght board with some unforseen side cut and camber/rocker profile...
Good to see all the beta that has come before any-way. I'm looking forward to daze of comfortable touring in my 40s. The air thing was really never in the cards for me any way. I rang my bell and pissed blood in my young days from over stoked mtb action. These days surviving and surfing the mountains is plenty enough for me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm 

breadbox wrote:
Still clinging to the method dream, eh?

I'm really intrested in modding the lateral parts fo the TLT5s for sideways flex, but just can't quite bring myself to take the dremel to them :cry:

Good point. Should've added I'm only interested in modding the back boot.

Breadbox, when you figure out hard boots are the way to go, can I reccomend you mod the front boot only? That way you don't have to give up your switch japan airs.

Ouch, that stings... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 pm 

Man this thread is like the Energizer Bunny.... It just keeps going and going with over 20,000 views... and almost 2 years running (does not include the time, where of the original thread was lost in the great splitboard.com melt down). :bananas:

Way to go Barrows :thumpsup: and fellow HBers. :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 pm 

Anyone have this happen before?
I just got these boots secondhand but they don't seem to have to much overall wear and tear. I only noticed it after resort riding for a few hours to test the flex/fit. (Mostly with the top buckle tight but in walk mode)

Trying to think of a good patch material that is really flexible but strong enough for that area, any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm 

lictor4 wrote:
Trying to think of a good patch material that is really flexible but strong enough for that area, any suggestions?

Sugru maybe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 pm 

lictor,
aw yah that crack happens...
i just put the tongues back in when mine did that, and found i like the ride better that way too for railin on the toe side

swc / barrows,
the rivet hole wears over time and lateral play increases

zude,
300 - 350 daze is my estimate for life span of the shells if your mostly on snow, but it depends how fat you are and how big your daze are too... they might last longer but you probly wont trust em much past then

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 pm 

lictor4, I drilled a 1/16 hole to stop it progressing any farther last year and haven't had any problems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm 

vapor wrote:
lictor4, I drilled a 1/16 hole to stop it progressing any farther last year and haven't had any problems

Ok that's great to hear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:24 am 

Quick question, has anybody tried a Dynafit TLT 5 in a F2 titanium race binding?
Do they fit?

Gave the TLT 5 a quick test fit last week and I think I need to hold of for the TLT 6 for the extra room.
They didn't have the 28.5 i need in stock, but even the 29.0 felt to tight.
They felt good flex wise, so I'm really looking forward to taking them for a ride.

A pair of Phantom bindings are of course the real solution, but i can pick up a pair of F2's cheap for testing.
And I'll keep those for on my Tanker, if they fit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 am 

TomG wrote:
Quick question, has anybody tried a Dynafit TLT 5 in a F2 titanium race binding?
Do they fit?

Gave the TLT 5 a quick test fit last week and I think I need to hold of for the TLT 6 for the extra room.
They didn't have the 28.5 i need in stock, but even the 29.0 felt to tight.
They felt good flex wise, so I'm really looking forward to taking them for a ride.

A pair of Phantom bindings are of course the real solution, but i can pick up a pair of F2's cheap for testing.
And I'll keep those for on my Tanker, if they fit.

They fit the F2s perfect. F2 race titanium toe and heel blocks mount directly to the Voile slider plate (works with up to about a 28 mondo boot, not sure about a 29). I just cut the Voile rubber gasket to fit and notch it for the ridge on the bottom of the blocks. You can even use the lift and cant wedges. That is what Rebecca and I were using with the TLT5s until we got Phantoms.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm 

buell wrote:
F2 race titanium toe and heel blocks mount directly to the Voile slider plate (works with up to about a 28 mondo boot, not sure about a 29). .

29s all good

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 pm 

Hi barrow

I have question. Im from sweden and i dont really understand "The inside (medial) cuff was cut down just a little". I have a small problem with the language. Could you please post a picture so i know that im taking down the right part of the plastic?
The other mod I understand. It would be very kind of you.

Thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next