Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Dynafit TLT 5 Mountain, WOW!

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dynafit TLT 5 Mountain, WOW!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am 

Powderider: i can't quite make sense of the photo as far as how they actually mount to the board. Care to explain? didn't see an explanation on the link provided.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 pm 

Earnyourturn wrote:
Powderider: i can't quite make sense of the photo as far as how they actually mount to the board. Care to explain? didn't see an explanation on the link provided.

There are little 'hooks' that should have come with your Dynafit toepieces that are optional, that you need to install on the posterior (towards the tail) 2 screws of the toepieces. The crampons from B and D sit in those hooks. My Dynafit toes didn't ship with any from Spark, but my local ski shop had a few spares and hooked me up. I found this out the hard way one day when it was super icy and I busted out my brand new B and D crampons, only to find out they couldn't connect without the hooks... held on the ski crampons with Voile straps that day. :cry: Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:08 pm 

Quote:
I found this out the hard way one day when it was super icy and I busted out my brand new B and D crampons, only to find out they couldn't connect without the hooks... held on the ski crampons with Voile straps that day. :cry: Good luck!

Please note the instruction provided with the B and D Dynafit splitboard crampons":

There is a little knob (tab) on the axle of the crampon that needs to be filed down.

Whether: Dynafit or B&D ski crampons for Dynafit, one has to be careful to slide the crampon into the Slot of the binding.

Also another alternative is the Voile Ski crampon, which does not hinge. Depending on the width of the Splitboard ski might work these might work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:06 am 

As for alternatives, I found this:

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11124

With the dynaift adapters maybe no need for that shim.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 am 

hey all! I got a tlt question for you, I've got one day touring in my fairly new tlt5s and Im feeling the liner slide around on the hard surface shell while touring, what are people doing to eliminate this? some sort of tape?

any ideas welcome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 am 

cometogether wrote:
hey all! I got a tlt question for you, I've got one day touring in my fairly new tlt5s and Im feeling the liner slide around on the hard surface shell while touring, what are people doing to eliminate this? some sort of tape?

any ideas welcome

not exactly sure what you mean, as in you can feel the whole liner moving around in the shell? If that is the case are you sure your liner is a compatible size with your shell? it should be a pretty tight fight. I haven't experienced this issue although I think I have experienced every other possible issue with that boot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:07 am 

CT: please provide more info, which way is the liner moving? I have not experienced this in any boot, the liner should be a tight fit, and as long as the instep buckle is snug, it should not be moving around. Is this happening while riding or touring? Are you getting heel lift/liner lift in that dimension?
Also, have your liners been properly molded to your feet, if not be sure to get them molded; fit, performance, and comfort will be way better.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am 

My experience is when the bottom strap is unbuckled, I feel some slop that you might be referring to. I put them as loose as possible but buckled on the bottom. Keeps my feet in place on the bottom, top open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 am 

exactly what summersgone is referring to, the liner sliding on the sole of the boot, usually when skinning something steeper. Its not a huge deal and I don't notice it going downhill. MUCH less noticeable when the lower buckle is tighter. Temps where stupid cold so I'm sure that doesn't help the rubbery surface of the liner stick to brittle cold plastic. They have been molded with a super feet and feel pretty dang good.

Super stoked on the increase in natural stride length these provide. Touring is faster and easier now.

Riding them still needs some adjustment, pretty stiff horizontally, (tip to tail) in comparison, but in blower it's easy to manage. Hard pack crusties might be a little interesting. :shock:

only one day on them so far and can't wait till tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 am 

^ You could try the sticky fabric they sell to put under doormats or in tool drawers so they dont slide? Or adding an additional sole between the liner and shell.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 pm 

Hey guys!
A lot of interesting reading here!

I really don't know much about these setups, so I was wondering if someone could do a little writeup:

I want to know what my possibilities are in terms of the different "binding" setups.
I see someone talk about Spark bindings, some dynafit bindings etc.
Voile Plates Are these any good?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:58 pm 

NorSplit wrote:
Hey guys!
A lot of interesting reading here!

I really don't know much about these setups, so I was wondering if someone could do a little writeup:

I want to know what my possibilities are in terms of the different "binding" setups.
I see someone talk about Spark bindings, some dynafit bindings etc.
Voile Plates Are these any good?

Hey norsplit.

In short, you have these options:
- any type of carving binding (with bails) mounted on a voile slider plate or a spark baseplate, that slide onto your pucks.
- voile mountain plates on voile slider plates.
- Phantom splitboard binding, if you can get them. Recently the second production run was shipped out, so a good bet is to look out for a second hand set from last years first run.
- Firstlight hardboot bindings

It's all on here - just search and read up :)

A useful tip someone once gave me here was to use google for searching this site. Just use site:www.splitboard.com.

For instance:

[url]site:www.splitboard.com voile mountain plate[/url]
[url]site:www.splitboard.com phantom[/url]
[url]site:www.splitboard.com hard boot bindings[/url]

Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:45 am 

I got a pair of the TLT 5 Mtn too.

Quite a performance fit good for actual skiing right now as is (brand new) but not for skinning - I would have gotten a size bigger if I could find it. Unfortunately, no dice. Seem to be very hard to find in good condition in larger sizes.

Will be molding with double toe caps and what not soon, may even need to punch 'em a bit

CHeers
Ivo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next