Forums DIY and Mods Should split my 1986 Burton Cruzer?
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #574577
    mturner365
    3 Posts

    I am trying to decide whether I should split my 1986 Burton Cruzer snowboard or not. I would like to get into splitboarding and thought this might be the way to go. I have done some research online and it does not seem these old boards have much financial value, maybe $150 at the most. If I split it I could bring it new life.

    What does every think?

    Mike

    #637971
    samh
    726 Posts

    You should split a modern snowboard.

    --
    samh.net

    #637972
    drpw
    89 Posts

    You’re going to go through all the work and hardwear to split it and you’ll end up with an old board. Even worse, you’re going to spend hours skinning up slopes just to go down on an old board. If you wanna give it new life, flip it over and mount it to some 6×6 and turn it into a coffee table for ashing your j on.

    #637973
    Stagger Lee
    242 Posts

    @mturner365 wrote:

    I am trying to decide whether I should split my 1986 Burton Cruzer snowboard or not. …What does every think?

    Mike

    I say go for it as long as you have period correct bindings.


    So, it’s not a Cruzer but close enough :doobie:

    #637974
    chrisNZ
    304 Posts

    @Stagger Lee wrote:

    @mturner365 wrote:

    I am trying to decide whether I should split my 1986 Burton Cruzer snowboard or not. …What does every think?

    Mike

    I say go for it as long as you have period correct bindings.


    So, it’s not a Cruzer but close enough :doobie:

    i just found one of these for $30? would you buy it?

    #637975
    Stagger Lee
    242 Posts

    @chrisnz wrote:

    i just found one of these for $30? would you buy it?

    Me? No. I would not but what ever floats your boat. The one pictured belongs to a buddy and is supposedly one of the first DIYs done after Voile brought the kit to market. It is also a noodly piece of shit. I was just sharing the picture thinking someone out there might find it funny or interesting since you just don’t see these things around anymore much less as splits.

    It may be worth $30 but I don’t think it’s worth splitting.

    Edit: Maybe you’re referring to the Justy? Then yes. $30 is a great deal :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.