Forums Trip Reports collective TR: Oregon Splitfest
Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #655523
    Jefe009
    675 Posts

    Who wants to see photos of Chronic riding with a third full keg strapped to his back? Stay tuned… :thumpsup:

    www.splitlife.net

    #655524
    nwboarder82
    166 Posts

    Does it involved any injuries? 😆

    BTW: does it look somewhat promising up there for this weekend?

    #655525
    bigdood
    457 Posts

    1/3 full? Seriously?? We failed miserably.

    Sorry couldn’t make it today, had to get something out before the last overnite FedEx shipment went out at 4pm. Spent 3 hours trying to get one of my 3 printers working. Neither of them ever did :banghead: Back to your regularly scheduled stoke, let’s see them pics!

    PS anybody notice the St. Helens report for tomorrow? 5-9″ tonite. WTF

    #655526
    chronicracing
    162 Posts

    Skinned up to barrel, unstrapped barrel from sled, picked up barrel. WTF, it’s a third full! Oh well, strap barrel to external frame pack. Put pack on, 30lb keg, 5 gal o’ beer, a little gear = +/- 80lbs. Rode snow available, booted what I had to. Sorry no real riding photos, but partners couldn’t keep up with 300 lbs screaming down the mountain.

    Mission accomplished

    #655527
    bigdood
    457 Posts

    Awesome, and flakes flying all the way down to the lot! Anybody calling in sick to ride tomorrow?

    #655528
    iriecoyote
    291 Posts

    @chronicracing wrote:

    Skinned up to barrel, unstrapped barrel from sled, picked up barrel. WTF, it’s a third full! Oh well, strap barrel to external frame pack. Put pack on, 30lb keg, 5 gal o’ beer, a little gear = +/- 80lbs. Rode snow available, booted what I had to. Sorry no real riding photos, but partners couldn’t keep up with 300 lbs screaming down the mountain.

    Kick ass!

    #655529
    imitationfunk
    85 Posts

    😯 dude, you are a hoss. who was supervising this maneuver? chronic just got back in the game. for the sake of longevity take it easy! save those feats for when you have to strap one of us on your back to get out of the backcountry.

    #655530
    nwboarder82
    166 Posts

    @imitationfunk wrote:

    😯 dude, you are a hoss. who was supervising this maneuver? chronic just got back in the game. for the sake of longevity take it easy! save those feats for when you have to strap one of us on your back to get out of the backcountry.

    Yeah, Mike you crazy SOB. You look like one of those japanese keg girls.

    #655531
    chronicracing
    162 Posts

    Yeah, Mike you crazy SOB. You look like one of those japanese keg girls.

    I eat Japanese keg girls for breakfast….. :scratch: …..like shrimp fried rice.

    #655532
    imitationfunk
    85 Posts

    you eat shrimp fried rice for breakfast? i want to live with you.

    #655533
    ale_capone
    864 Posts

    I eat so much shrimp I got iodine poisoning….

    Put that keg girl on a splitboard and my dreams have been answered…

    Awesome get together and collection of photos. Looks like it was a good time.

    #655534
    chronicracing
    162 Posts

    Afroman would be disappointed. :nononno:

    #655502
    spnce
    35 Posts


    pete & aaron

    #655503
    heazy
    21 Posts

    I’m definitely looking forward to making this a yearly trip.

    #655535
    bcrider
    4149 Posts

    Sweet work to the organizers and attendees for making what looks like a great event in the true, grassroot SplitFest fashion! :thatrocks: :headbang: :rock:

    CR rules with the KegPack! :thumbsup: :guinness:

    #655536
    Jefe009
    675 Posts

    Super good times. Many many thanks to everyone who came out, especially those who traveled far to come. We’ll definitely need to make it a yearly thing.

    Major props to Chronic, carrying that keg down while riding was by far the gnarliest thing that went down that I saw… but everyone helped big time and made it what it was.

    I’m thinking of getting t shirts printed up with the logo from the event thread. They’d be in the range of $30 as it’d be a super small run with 3 colors, which I know is taxed for a shirt. However if enough of us get them they might be closer to $25. Anyone interested?

    www.splitlife.net

    #655537
    heazy
    21 Posts

    @jefe009 wrote:

    Super good times. Many many thanks to everyone who came out, especially those who traveled far to come. We’ll definitely need to make it a yearly thing.

    Major props to Chronic, carrying that keg down while riding was by far the gnarliest thing that went down that I saw… but everyone helped big time and made it what it was.

    I’m thinking of getting t shirts printed up with the logo from the event thread. They’d be in the range of $30 as it’d be a super small run with 3 colors, which I know is taxed for a shirt. However if enough of us get them they might be closer to $25. Anyone interested?

    I’d get down on that. The logo you had done is pretty slick.

    #655538
    Merf
    27 Posts

    Thanks to everyone that helped put this together. It was great to meet everyone.


    summit crew gearing up


    cheers Elliot!


    Sunday morning skin


    dug in


    I got to watch these guys all morning


    Chronic in action

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.