Forums Splitboard Talk Forum Cali/PNW Cascades splitters Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total) Author Posts May 14, 2013 at 9:19 am #578695 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts Hey, just reaching out for partners to see if anyone wants to take a gumby like me around. Ive got June 5 through 15 free for splitting between Shasta and Baker! Have alpine protection/gear (albeit limited skills) and will travel! May 14, 2013 at 3:42 pm #668441 Jefe009 675 Posts Sure thing Schralf! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours… and by yours I mean Bloody Couloir, next season. :drool: I’m sure we’ll get up to some foolishness around the PNW during that time period. Get in touch when you are headed into Oregon. www.splitlife.net May 15, 2013 at 2:59 am #668442 saign 330 Posts I’m scheduled for surgery on June 10th, but plan on touring the week before. Send me a PM if you make it up this way May 15, 2013 at 8:52 pm #668443 christoph benells 717 Posts im free to go touring Wednesdays and thursdays every week. 8) shred the corn 8) May 16, 2013 at 4:07 am #668444 Splitinbend 243 Posts If you come through Bend I’d be more than happy to explore. I’ve been here 2.5 years and there’s still a lot I haven’t gotten to ride. I only work 3 nights a week. May 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm #668445 spnce 35 Posts I’ll be unemployed in Portland through June – let’s find some corn!!!! May 22, 2013 at 10:19 pm #668446 cameron 29 Posts I’m generally available on weekends and occasionally weekdays as well. A Mt Adams summit trip could be a go once the road opens. Anywhere with decent late season snow would be fun. Snow dome on Hood’s north side? Cameron May 23, 2013 at 12:28 am #668447 nomad 288 Posts I was up on the N side of Adams on monday. There was still a bit of windblown powder, but with an uneven icy crust underneath, then firm conditions below maybe 10k. Tough conditions to manage. Anyhow, you might want to wait for at least a few days after this storm for the mountain to shed the few fresh feet that are likely to be up there. Right now the approach from FR 23 only requires about 3 miles of extra road/forest skinning before the trailhead. June 3, 2013 at 5:11 am #668448 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts Happy Monday! Any more recent beta from Adams? June 3, 2013 at 7:42 pm #668449 christoph benells 717 Posts Sw chutes access is open June 5, 2013 at 6:58 am #668450 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts Okay, so here is a very preliminary schedule if anyone is down to join. I’d love a partner for Hood if anyone is willing to show me around! Thu 6/6 – Lassen Fri 6/7 – Crater Lake, or MTB/climbing around Bend (anyone want to climb around Smith Rock?) Weekend 6/8 & 6/9 – Adams with Jefe and company Mon/Tue 6/10 & 6/11 – Would love to hit Mt. Hood, but I need a partner Wed/Thu 6/12 & 6/13 – Would love to hit Mt. Shasta if my knee isn’t too worked at this point, HW route. Could use a partner and am very familiar with this route (have done it 2x before). Will have my MTB with me in case I get skunked on any of the above or my knee is giving problems (it’s mainly a problem when hiking around with skis on back, not when biking). June 8, 2013 at 3:27 am #668451 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts Please tell me that SOMEONE is interested in hitting Hood with me this coming Monday and/or Tuesday???? June 9, 2013 at 4:07 pm #668452 Joeyzims 100 Posts If you wait a day I could do wed, thurs on hood. June 10, 2013 at 4:25 am #668453 Spikesta 11 Posts Looks like some fresh snow coming on Wed….. June 10, 2013 at 5:28 am #668454 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts ^ Joey, wish I could but I have to cut my PNW trip short to be in SF for some meetings on Thursday. I’m in PDX right now … Prolly a down day tomorrow with some mellow MTB around town, but if anyone wants to hit Hood on Tuesday, I’m more than game! Had a SOLID refreeze last night from cold winds and clear skies … It could be pretty solid conditions if the winds let up but nights stay cold! Jefe, thanks for the fun times on Adams! Great crew, fun turns … Awesome times! June 10, 2013 at 5:34 am #668455 SchralphMacchio 474 Posts Whoops, just catching up with the forecast … Maybe just MTB the next couple of days then … Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total) You must be logged in to reply to this topic.