Forums TR Archive California 4/20/05 – Zebra Couloir and the Checkered Demon
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bcd
    232 Posts

With a little bit of fresh snowfall I decided to head out to the peaks above the Buttermilks to check out Mt Emerson and Peak 13,112

(file photo taken from Basin Mountain) Peak 13,112 with Emerson in the background:

As I drove out there the sun was just starting to hit the mountains. I somehow managed to get my car up the washed-out road until I hit a snow patch that Subaru wouldn’t make it through.

First light:

After about a mile of walking on the dirt road I hit the snowline and started skinning towards Emerson.

I came upon a few birds trying to stay warm:

Hiding under a blanket of fresh snow:

My original plan was to go up the North Couloir on Emerson. But when I got beneath it, it looked a little wind-scoured. So I headed back down the canyon to the Zebra Couloir, which is slightly more protected from the wind. The snow in the Couloir was variable, some parts were 2 feet deep, other parts were bulletproof.
    The climb up was pretty exciting, as I really don’t have any experience climbing steep frozen slopes. I’ve always carried an ice axe “just in caseâ€Â

bcrider
    4149 Posts

I hate you!

just kidding of course. 🙂
    Nice work bro! You are the master. 8)

Super nice lines and great pics!

Thanks for sharing bcd.

philfort
    31 Posts

Wow 😯

Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

Your a badass!

mtnrider
    740 Posts

That is bad ass!
    Were you listening to some Slayer before you dropped?

Thanks for posting your stuff BCD…very inspirational.

Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

…very inspirational

Yep, makes me want to quit my job, move the fam to Bishop, and get into the bc several days a week.

Oh yeah, as bad ass as your riding is this photo is even better.

Well, maybe not better but pretty damn cool

NoKnees
    336 Posts

Wow.. Awesome photos and great TR. Question on the birds… did you hear them or see them? It’s amazing what you notice when cruising alone through the backcountry. Definitely makes the journey just as rewarding as the turns earned..

Greg - NoKnees

jimw
    1420 Posts

Nice! Just make sure you don’t leave any good lines for the rest of us this season OK? 🙂 Great photos of the birds (and the lines of course but with you that’s a given). Never would have thought that they did that, but it makes sense…

gimpy
    47 Posts

you are a machine. a machine that takes good pics too. 😀

Snow Nymph
    22 Posts

WoW! 😯

I love the bird shots too! Didn’t know they did that! Any idea what kind it is?

Wereesf0z
    6 Posts

,kobe shoes
    now has two models of the upcoming Adidas AdiZero Ghosts in two different colorways for sale. Following its older brother,Nike Zoom Hyperflight, the AdiZero Ghost shares a nearly identical?silhouette as the ?but with similar tooling as the Adidas Pro Model 0.? ?Like the AdiZero Crazy Light, the AdiZero Ghost features Adidas’ very own SprintWeb along the upper for support, supreme fit,Nike Kobe 7, breathability, and of course unparalleled weight. The AdiZero Ghost also utilizes a molded EVA midsole and Torsion system for exemplary court feel. Unlike the AdiZero Crazy Light, the AdiZero Ghost lacks a TPU heel counter in the rear, but has patent leather on the forefoot, along the midsole, and on the heel. Also unlike the AdiZero Crazy Light, the AdiZero Ghost’s three stripe branding is placed on a slant instead of it being parallel to the rest of the sneaker near the ankle. The AdiZero Ghost will come in University Red/White/Black and in Collegiate Royal/White/Black.?Expect to see a general release of the Adidas AdiZero Ghost in the fall of 2011.
    Images via?
    – F4STBREAK

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.