Forums The Gear Room 2016 Jones Splits new tail clip notches
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thejeffloop
    6 Posts

So the new Jones splits have notches in the tails that you can hook their Tension Tail Clips onto. Really fast and easy.

Jason4
    443 Posts

I drilled holes in the tails of on both of the T.Rice splits that I have had. That was easy though since Mervin uses plastic spacers in the tips so no wood core was exposed. I’ve though about doing the same thing with my 2015 Solution but don’t want to mess with sealing the core. Good to see that Jones is addressing this from the factory.

thejeffloop
    6 Posts

Here’s what the new skins look like.

HansGLudwig
    601 Posts

Oh. . . Thanks for the catalogue pic. They aren’t on Jones’ site yet. Looks slick.

Wait. Are these rebranded Coltex skins? I’ve heard great things about them but never a splitboard version steadily available in the US. Way to go Jeremy!

@barrows – Didn’t you start a thread a while back about Coltex skins?

Be sure to bookmark Splitboard.com's Recent Activity page...
    http://splitboard.com/activity-2/

thejeffloop
    6 Posts

The Jones skins are made in Switzerland by a company called POMOCA. There’s going to be two grades to choose from- universal and premium. The premiums have a rubber backing keeps them from getting soaked and makes it easier to them pull apart. Both styles come either with a universal clip (uncut) or the tension tail clip (pre-cut for Jones boards). I’m getting this from the catalog, assuming nothing changes between now and production.

Jason4
    443 Posts

I have a pair of Jones skins currently cut for my 2015 Solution.

Adding a premium skin and adding tail clips/straps will be a great improvement to the line.

WhitePine
    503 Posts

I have some POMOCA skins for my ski setup. I have the Climb Glide Pros. 70% Mohair 30% Nylon and they are awesome! I looked to see if they made any splitboard skins but they don’t. So this is good to know that Jones rebrands them. I might have to get some.

firstlight
    721 Posts

Nothing new here
    The early Burton Splitboards has this!

Adam West

www.firstlightsurfboards.com.au
    www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au
    www.splitfest.com.au
    www.snowsafety.com.au
    www.mrbc.com.au
    www.backcountryglobal.com
    www.alpinefirstaid.com.au

HansGLudwig
    601 Posts

If that were a grommeted hole (a la K2) instead of a notch, it would provide most of the benefit of a notch and your split can turn into a rescue sled.
    *and*
    Are there any other splitboards the premium skins (with the nut) will work on, other than Jones?
    (I’m fully aware K2 skins don’t work with any other split w/o modification)

Be sure to bookmark Splitboard.com's Recent Activity page...
    http://splitboard.com/activity-2/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.