Forums Splitboards 2011/12 Donek Big Guns
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Taylor
    792 Posts

I recently saw this video (below) on Donek’s Facebook page showing some of their new designs for next year. Given Glissade’s apparent demise and the overall paucity of true big gun offerings among manufacturers, I was excited to see Donek stepping up to offer a big gun design for next season in sizes up to 210 cm (which they’ll split for you if you’d like). Of course, I then needed to know specs to get a better sense of the design; they sent this:

Here’s the specs for the 200
    effective edge: 162.5cm
    waist: 24.5cm
    shovel: 30.3cm
    tail: 28.8cm
    sidecut: 12-14m

A little narrow (but those guys are mostly hard-booters, so it’s to be expected) but they said they could push that waist out to 27 cm no problem (and free of charge). In any case, I’m really glad to see another company stepping up with a big gun production offering. Props to the Donek crew. :thumbsup: Footage of the decks in this video:

http://youtu.be/dLkT6KFTeeg

@sun_rocket

182 Surf de neige
    157 Posts

nice… Wish I could buy a few new boards. It would be so fun.

PedroDelfuego
    758 Posts

Hey Guys, don’t forget that Donek is a custom builder! :thumpsup:

Let him know your specs and they will build exactly want you want! You don’t really have to order off the menu, per se…

Oh, and they are proudly located in Colorado too :bow:

Snowman1
    63 Posts

Donek has developed 2 new shapes for next season. The Hazelwood which is a durable replacement for the Rad Air Tanker series and the yet to be named, highly modified and new tech Fish shape. The Hazelwoods are going to be 170cm to 200cm and the Fish is going to be 155ish cm to 170ish cm range with a splitty option. Sean has been working and riding very hard through the late season and into the summer getting things just right. And remember, Donek has full custom abilities for very minimal upcharge to satisfy your every whim. It has been my great pleasure working with Donek for several seasons helping develop his alpine line up and now these new powder shaped. The quality of these decks are second to none, Sean is a true craftsman and a master of his craft. Drop em a line or shoot em an emaill at http://www.donek.com.

Think Snow!

Snowman1
    63 Posts

Donek has developed 2 new shapes for next season. The Hazelwood which is a durable replacement for the Rad Air Tanker series and the yet to be named, highly modified and new tech Fish shape. The Hazelwoods are going to be 170cm to 200cm and the Fish is going to be 155ish cm to 170ish cm range with a splitty option. Sean has been working and riding very hard through the late season and into the summer getting things just right. And remember, Donek has full custom abilities for very minimal upcharge to satisfy your every whim. It has been my great pleasure working with Donek for several seasons helping develop his alpine line up and now these new powder shapes. The quality of these decks is second to none, Sean is a true craftsman and a master of his craft. Drop em a line or shoot em an emaill at http://www.donek.com.

Think Snow!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.