Forums Splitboards Voile 2010 Voile (Manufacturer) Thread
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    aksltxlt
    621 Posts

Meow! This forum has become quite the cat fight. Less talk more stoke please. Hey Voile thanks for the great customer service you provide, and support for the splitboard fests! I really doubt that Voile will get taken over by a company selling 600 doller split kits. If demand is there, products will sell and all companies will thrive. There always was and will be the spoiled trustafarian riders who must have the most expensive set up out there, but it wont make them a better rider.

UTAH
    830 Posts

I’m almost 27, and college edumacated. Therefore let the games begin!

Russman you can be the most educated person in the world, but if you lack common sense social skills you’ll continue to struggle to get your point across. It’s also my opinion that education without experience most definitely will lack some validity. That’s all some of us are trying to say.

I just got the chance to watch DEEPER it was sick. I don’t plan to ever ride lines like that, so beyond what I will ever be able to do. Remember those guys were using boards with Voile hardware and sparks, even some DIYers split by Monk. Those are no fall lines, I’m sure they chose the gear they did wisely. I also saw a short video of a guy ripping a sick chamonix line on his Voile. I’ve ridden a DIY splittie for ten plus years I’m sure it’s a complete noodle/tank/whatever else but it’s been solid. Point being actions speak louder than words, the only ones being haters are you guys, this stuff is proven it does well for some of us and were not anti progression because we feel this way. There’s no reason to continue to bash on people who give a different perspective as you based on their personal experiences or the feats of others for that matter.

This is a quote from Rughty

My mod is only a poor man’s fix to keep my hard earned $$$ in my pocket and a statement to any manufacturer who stalls the advancement of our sport in favor of sitting on a patent only to suck every last dollar from us before introducing a new product so they can do it all over again. Screw big business. They have been doing it to us for years!!! Go Karakorum!!!

Pretty low blow. Not sure theres much truth to that.

This is a quote response from Wasatch

If karakorum takes over the world like you are campaigning for, will they allow Spark to infringe on their patent and build bindings compatible with the karakorum system?

I don’t think Wasatch is out of line he makes a good point, did you bother to read what he wrote? There’s a lot of good points in there. On the other hand I’m not sure what Rughty’s point is? it seems way off and very misinformed.

For me the splitboard has brought back the old school snowboard vibe of yesteryear, and has refreshed my stoke. In skateboarding and surfing there is so much RESPECT for the older generation of riders and companies. Why is snowboarding different? Are the people less core, too many gapers? I guess you can patent “fun” with snowboarding

Glad I’m not the only one who feels that way. I’m sure once we all get on some snow we’ll stop having these pissing matches and then we can focus more on this aspect of splitting. Spend too much time geeking out and you forget what it’s all about. Theres lot’s of ways to get down a mountain and lot’s of solid gear out there to do it on. No need to bash companies just post the stoke of getting out and riding beautiful lines and your actions will speak much louder than words.

maniacdave
    564 Posts

My :twocents: ….

Ya’ll need to shut the fuck up and go snowboarding or whatever it takes to get stoked. That’s what we’re all here for right?

That was Pontus

UTAH
    830 Posts

My :twocents: ….

Ya’ll need to shut the fuck up and go snowboarding or whatever it takes to get stoked. That’s what we’re all here for right?

Why don’t you shut the fuck up, stupid head? This shits fun to talk about why we wait for snow to fly. Don’t like it, keep it to yourself. Your post adds nothing constructive and nobody gives a shit about your :twocents: Nobody’s getting there feelings hurt here this is what you do on a splitboard specific website, dork out and talk shit.

maniacdave
    564 Posts

I guess my point was, why all the e-thuggery and hate on Voile, when we could be getting amped for the snow to start falling. Who gives a shit how someone else gets down the mountain as long they’re stoked, right? Unless maybe they’re on the Atomic Poacher…. stupid heads…

That was Pontus

wasatch surf
    979 Posts

@pow_hnd wrote:

@wasatch surf wrote:

karakoram and jones don’t raise anything for me. i like hard boots so when karakoram gives me an option maybe i’ll take a look. and i guess jones does raise one thing, the price for an over hyped board that completely contradicts their “green” image by being made in a sweat shop that requires thousands of extra miles of shipping supplies and product just so they can save a few bucks with cheap labor.

Dan! The Jones boards are not made in a sweat shop… They are made in the 125 year old family owned and operated Nidecker Factory in Switzerland…

hey whats up man? I wish that was true but they are made in Tunisia which is in northern africa. gospel from the mouth of jeremy jones(check the jones thread).

this thread has gotten fucking retarded and i apologize for my initial involvement in derailing it. my only intentions were pointing out that voile is a small local company that doesn’t deserve to be misrepresented.

Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

this thread has gotten fucking retarded

Yep.

voile is a small local company that doesn’t deserve to be misrepresented

No doubt, that was misrepresented.

meant to be a single place to reach out to the manufacturer for product ideas, suggestions, and feature requests

Back to this please.

wasatch surf
    979 Posts

Since this thread has gotten a little weird, i would also like to point out that like other mfg’s, voile has a facebook page where you can ask questions or suggestions directly to the company, rather than hope that they happen to see it on here.

here is the direct link
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voile-USA/157191907632851

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

Hey Dave, now that you’ve produced some new swallowtails, is there any chance us loyal ST riders can get in on the action? Or is this a hush hush, wink wink thing? :scratch:

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

Bump? 😉

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

wasatch surf
    979 Posts

tested a mojo rx today noticed right away that it was much more playful than the older Mojo. i’m not going to do the standard Jones move and claim its the sickest board ever having only ridden for a few hours, but i will say i am really pleased thus far. talked to Wally about some of his ideas and if they ever happen, i think we will all be pleasantly surprised. :headbang:

Chef_Ben
    134 Posts

The wife and I just picked up two 10/11 mojo rx here in Burlington, VT. Got an amazing deal on boards the SkiRack wanted out of their inventory, with skins and mounting gear too. Its a huge step up from our diy, I’ve done a few and the cutting and mounting I got real good at but the bases would get turn up from the sanding.

I really like the wrap around cap edge on each ski, my first board ever was a Jamie Lynn libtech and it had the same cap. That board held up for years and got me a fat bag :doobie: 6 years later. The fat bag didn’t last me very long but still, the dude’s son got another three years out of the board.

I also really like the tapered shape, my latest solid was complete rocker tip to tail but pretty twin besides the set back stance. I’m excited to try the new combination camber technology in this deck.

Finally, has anyone tried the karakoram clips on a capped splitboard, it seems to me that those clips rely on a flat I interface when engaged

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

I’ve used the K-clips on a Voile Mojo and hated it… On cap construction the edge is the only contact point and the clips creating lots of upward pressure (pull) cause the edges to jump one atop the other… I initially used them on a sidewall construction board and thought they were useful, but I eventually realized the K-clips cause the board to “hull”… YMMV :twocents:

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

bjmckenna
    8 Posts

some wandering thoughts-

karakorams clips would definitely suck on a capped edge. i would imagine people clipping the board together, then trying to put their bindings on and not being able to because of a decent sized shift as the edges jumped above/below each other
    – related note – even if magnetraction served no noticeable purpose in edge hold on the skin track, it passively adds stability to the board, as the angles in the edge tend to sit in place. i would almost want to see a dramatic zig zag cut if it didnt mean certain doom on an icy traverse track
    as for the “hull” effect, i think its only a visual thing when there are no bindings on the board. they probably arent creating nearly enough force to counteract the stiffness created once bindings are mounted

but back to voile (the company that stopped reading this thread when it turned into a stereotypical internet brawl)-

i think any splitboarder who knocks them is nuts. yes theyve been stale in terms of innovation, but lets not forget that they changed this sport from a DIY mosh pit of technology to an absolutely standardized industry. i think the biggest benefit of the products both sparks and karakoram put out is that they are pushing innovation. if voile is the evil empire corporate monster that some of you think they are, and sparks/kk are the entrepreneurial saviors, then voile will dump a ton of money into battling the competition and we (the users) will just sit back and reap the benefits. but they arent. and yet they will compete. and new companies will be popping up all over the place, as people like jeremy jones turn their whole line into splits and movies like deeper and further (and higher) push the concept of backcountry exploration further into the spotlight. big business and competition will soon become our friends here people… newer, better and cheaper technology will be our reward.

dave- i know you want to get a little closer with black diamond and start putting out more splitboard skin options…. i just know it. follow your heart. because ive mangled enough skins at this point to almost want the g3 alpinists with their weaker grip just in hopes that their manufacturing standards create a longer lasting product than my hideous frankenstein creations

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

Dave’s not here :deadhorse:

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

rughty
    620 Posts

I might have heard something about sidewalls being reintroduced in the near future. :thumpsup: Also might have heard a few other things we should all be on the look out for this spring!

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

Yeah thats the word, sidewalls and… let me guess a revolutionary step-in system? :sleepy:

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

wasatch surf
    979 Posts

I saw some stuff for next year that looked pretty cool. it had sidewalls and a better graphic, hopefully someone fixes that before OR show, cuz we can’t have a voile board with a good graphic out there 😉

aksltxlt
    621 Posts

Best thing at SIA was the Pow gloves booth with the stripper wearing a POW gloves bikini top….If you bought product you got to try on the gloves :bananas:

shredgnar
    643 Posts

@wasatch surf wrote:

I saw some stuff for next year that looked pretty cool. it had sidewalls and a better graphic, hopefully someone fixes that before OR show, cuz we can’t have a voile board with a good graphic out there 😉

Wow, Voile steps into the 21st century.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.