Forums DIY and Mods 2 gram tip/tail attachment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    permnation
    303 Posts

A wicket is a short piece of light gauge, bend-resistant wire formed into shape to loop through the clothing of a skier or snowboarder. It serves as a secure attachment point for a lift ticket as well as preventing transferability.

permnation
    303 Posts

Plasti-Dipped

SkateBananas
    178 Posts

Thats strong enough to hold skins in place? Good solution for odd shaped tail clips like swallow tails that might not accept the standard shaped attachments.

permnation
    303 Posts

So far so good with the bare wickets. I haven’t tried the Plasti-dipped wickets yet, but they really grip the sides of the board and don’t budge at all. I think my skin mod days are done for now as this setup is the best I have used yet.

It’s simple and cheap and light. 3 oz. savings per foot, and that weight is being lost at the outermost points. Also, there is a backup sleeve between the zigzag and straight stitch in case main sleeve fails (I used scrap 210 dyneema and cuben fiber for toes, tails are 420d hi tensile fabric).

Cbalke
    237 Posts

@permnation do you have any more pics of this? How did they work out for the rest of the season? Looks like Photobucket was on to you too..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.